Join the conversation or get involved!
Opinion polls consistently show that wind energy has broad public support across Canada and there are many opportunities for you to make your voice heard, especially when governments and utilities are developing energy policies or when communities and municipal governments are considering wind energy projects.
CanWEA would like to invite you to join the conversation or get involved in wind energy development. Outlined below are some of the ways you can help spread the word on the benefits of wind energy.
- Celebrate Global Wind Day – Every year, June 15 is Global Wind Day. Watch for updates about the many important economic, environmental and social benefits of wind energy worldwide and share wind energy news with your friends!
- Get to know our partners – CanWEA shares a common commitment to Canada’s prosperous transition to clean energy with a network of organizations actively engaging with Canadians to improve energy literacy and facilitate a national conversation on Canada’s energy and climate change choices.
- Follow CanWEA on social media – Twitter (@CanWEA), Facebook (Canadian Wind Energy Association), LinkedIn (Canadian WindEnergy Association).
- Share the Take Action page – share this page with other wind energy supporters in your networks using the social sharing buttons above. Encourage them to share their stories and spread the word on the many benefits of wind energy.
- Write a letter to your local representative – Show your support for wind energy by submitting a letter to your local representative. Get tips on how to write an effective letter.
- Write a letter to the editor – Write a letter to the editor of your local community newspaper to help raise awareness, correct misinformation and voice your opinion.
- Add an “I Am a Friend of Wind” banner to your social media posts – Place a banner on your website, blog, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook page to demonstrate your commitment to wind as an important part of our clean energy future.
- Purchase a “We Support Wind” lawn sign – Show your support for wind energy by purchasing and displaying a lawn sign.
For more information about how wind energy works, interacts with humans and wildlife or its economic benefits – check our Wind Facts section. For more information on wind projects in your community, public engagement and consultation – check out the Communities section.