Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Ltd. – District Project Manager (Ontario and Quebec)
January 16, 2020
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) offers great opportunities to highly motivated people.
Reporting to the District Manager, the Ontario/Quebec Service District is currently seeking a qualified person to join the team as a Project Manager.
- Oversee the technical, financial, and completion of major retrofit campaigns or other projects at a site in the District or spanning multiple sites in the District. This may include managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Be accountable for the schedule, cost, quality and safety requirements related to specific work scopes, and will involve the initiation, planning and execution of assigned projects
- The Project Manager will act as a key customer interface and will be required to coordinate work activities with Siemens Gamesa internal partners in the Region and Global
- Data management and tracking related to major campaigns or retrofits, as well as the reporting of to therelevant stakeholders
- Managing multiple, simultaneous projects involving cross functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Stay within set target times or budgets for execution of main component exchanges or campaigns. Monitor and report progress of defined targets to the District Manager.
- Initiate project or program activities kick off meeting scheduling risk analysis budget resource allocation utilizing PM best practices
- Continuously improve process by standardizing workflow using lean methodology
- A degree/diploma in a Mechanical or Business Management is an asset
- PMP certification from the Project management institute is an asset
- 2-5 years of experience in the wind industry with a focus on technical solutions
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong ability to manage internal and external clients, analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation
- Strong understanding of short and long term planning
- Good computer skills. Competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- The ability to travel on a regular basis which will typically be between the Siemens Gamesa Canada Wind Turbine sites assigned to this position with some international travel (on a less regular basis)
- The ability to ascend to heights up to 250 feet or greater, work in confined spaces, discern colours and meet body weight restrictions of 260 pounds
While we appreciate all applications received, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
SGRE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://siemensgamesa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SGRE/job/CA-Oakville-ON/District-Project-Manager_R-01105-1