Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited – Wind Turbine Service Technician (Pincher Creek, AB)
September 10, 2019
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited offers great opportunities to highly motivated people.
This position is based at our Old Man 2 wind turbine site in Alberta
- Responsible for the service and maintenance of Siemens Gamesa wind turbines at our Alberta Wind Turbine site
- Although this position will have a home wind farm site, it will at times require supporting other sites across Canada, as needed
- Provide excellent service to our customers, analyze and react to people in stressful hazardous situations
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of 300 feet
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is a critical ability to working in confined spaces
- Extensive training and testing will be provided covering safety and technical job requirements
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 267 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
- Able to expand technical ability
- Capable of efficiently taking on additional roles and responsibilities at an operating wind farm
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical systems including such as PLC programming and converters
- College Diploma or equivalent competency in a field related to the work of a wind farm technician ie: electrical / mechanical systems
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation, ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job. Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
How to apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly forward your resume by Friday September 27, 2019 to; SGREcorporatehr.firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wind Turbine Service Technician – Alberta” as the subject line.