Potentia Renewables Inc. – Environment & Permitting Manager
September 11, 2018
|DEPARTMENT: Regulatory & Compliance||ROLE: Environment & Permitting Manager|
|START DATE: September 4, 2018||POSITION TERM: Full-Time|
|COMPENSATION: TBD||TRAVEL REQUIRED: Yes (30 – 50% of time)|
- Provide direct environmental compliance support to all operating facilities. Travel within and outside Canada to other locations may sometimes be needed.
- Provide direct support to project development team on environmental permitting requirements for current jurisdictions as well as new jurisdictions for business development.
- Manage the collection and submission of data required to satisfy environmental permit and reporting requirements.
- Prepare reports for use by company personnel and regulatory agencies. In some cases, will oversee the preparation of permitting documents and environmental reports by third-party providers.
- Obtain information, data and seek alignment with engineering disciplines, construction, subcontractors and consultants to support the preparation of permit applications.
- Work with business development to consult and engage with governmental authorities, indigenous groups, public, stakeholders and adjacent landowners adhering to external relations requirements.
- Coordinate responses to any comments or requests for supplemental information from governmental authorities on permit applications.
- Manage the scope and budget of consultants (e.g., environmental, surveying, land services) and review and approve deliverables.
- Support the development of a permits and consents plan and permitting procedures.
- Develop and maintain the master permit register and permitting schedule as part of the broader project scheduling team.
- Support the implementation of company’s compliance management system, including ongoing tracking of the compliance status of permit conditions.
- Monitor any new legislation or regulatory changes that may have an impact on permits, engineering or construction activities and provide guidance to project management, regulatory and compliance management.
- Train, mentor and/or supervise junior/less-experienced team members on permitting and environmental engineering activities.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines to support the project schedule.
- Conduct field and site inspections to assist the developing and operating sites in adhering to laws, regulations and policies governing environmental compliance.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to reporting, investigating and/or negotiating compliance concerns.
- Develop and deliver regulatory required training related to environment.
- Additional responsibilities and changes in responsibilities may be made at the discretion of the VP, Regulatory & Compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study (e.g., Environmental Studies) or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of work-related experience
- Strong understanding of environmental permitting requirements for renewable energy systems in Canada and a demonstrated ability to quickly learn requirements in new jurisdictions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, contractors, governmental authorities, indigenous groups, public and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to maintain and ensure confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively to work in a high volume/tight deadline environment with shifting priorities.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook and aptitude for and interest in learning new technologies.
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com