Potentia Renewables – Analytics Manager, Operations (Toronto, ON)
September 12, 2019
The position requires an individual with a strong technical background who has knowledge of operating state-of-the-art solar and wind energy systems. As a key member of Potentia’s Operations team, you will be responsible for helping the operations department achieve the availability targets while ensuring that all operational activities are coordinated effectively with all stakeholders.
As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals. The “ideal” candidate will come from a renewable energy background and bring with them technical and organizational expertise that can be built upon within Potentia.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on the performance of Potentia’s operating fleet of solar facilities
- Develop, interpret and produce all operational reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Articulate the drivers behind over and under producing facilities
- Ability to translate operational performance into financial results
- Accountable for the data reliability and integrity of the solar PV monitoring systems
- Establish and monitor predictive maintenance indicators
- Coordinate and track all corrective and preventative maintenance activities
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in root cause investigations of equipment failure and performance degradation
- Provide technical support to the field operations team
- Provide information and recommendations to Vice President of Operations.
- Maintain regulatory compliance of the operating fleet with respect to contractual obligations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineer with strong back ground of Generation, Distribution & Transmission Systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience with data analytics, database structures, project management in the renewable energy industry
- Technical expertise in the design and performance of solar and wind energy systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Change management leadership skills
- Knowledge of SCADA and monitoring systems
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have an ability and willingness to travel on occasion
- Have a self-motivated, organized, precise, and thorough work effort.
How to apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly forward your resume by Monday September 30, 2019 to email@example.com