Here is useful information for those interested in wind energy operations and maintenance:
- CanWEA’s In The News page links readers to current news about the wind energy industry in Canada, including articles focused on wind farm O&M.
- Occasional news releases on O&M topics can be found on CanWEA’s Press Releases page.
- CanWEA’s Wind Energy Grid Services Primer provides insights about advancements in variable generation integration, the key capabilities of wind power generation facilities when it comes to grid services, and market considerations to encourage continued success.
- An important element of CanWEA’s Best Practices for Indigenous and Public Engagement is ongoing communication with host communities during the operational phase of a wind project, giving local stakeholders confidence that the wind energy industry will continue to meet their expectations over the long-term.
- The University of Windsor, Kruger Energy, the Wind Energy Institute of Canada (WEICan) and Enbridge have joined forces to conduct a YEAR21 research project designed to help operators make long-term O&M investment decisions.
- Researchers at Quebec’s Institut de recherche Robert-Sauvé en santé et en sécurité du travail (IRSST) have conducted a review of the occupational health and safety risks in the wind energy sector.
- Companies like TransAlta, one of the largest wind energy owners and operators in Canada, are developing new tools to help them optimize the operation and maintenance of their wind turbine fleets.
- Learn more about how Canada’s wind industry considers impacts on birds and bats when siting wind farms.