Innergex – Project Manager – Wind and Solar Energy (Longueuil, QC)
January 8, 2019
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France, Chile and Iceland. The Company develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms, solar parks and geothermal plants exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded company, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The chosen candidate will be based at the company’s head office located in Longueuil, steps away from the Longueuil-Université de Sherbrooke metro station.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director – Project Management, the Project Manager – Wind & Solar Energy’s main responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in project acquisition processes, including due diligence on technology, construction and operations strategy, scope and costs;
- Manage project preliminary designs and studies required for the projects in collaboration with internal and external technical experts and the development team;
- Develop and manage procurement strategies to ensure competitiveness in the request for proposal (RFP) processes and in the development of green field projects;
- Develop, review and manage construction and procurement RFP packages to be issued to suppliers and service providers;
- Review contracts and participate in contract negotiation with suppliers and service providers;
- Establish and manage suppliers and service providers relationship and ensure they provide committed deliverables on time, cost, with the required quality;
- Support finance team by providing and reviewing clear and concise inputs to financial models;
- Perform or support project risk assessment and propose and/or establish mitigation actions and plans;
- Ensure efficient transition between project development and project construction phases;
- Consolidate and organize cost breakdowns and provide costs estimates;
- Update project costs and information database;
- Improve and develop project management tools and processes;
- Ensure effective coordination and information sharing within the multi-disciplinary project team;
- Accomplish all related tasks.
- Strong understanding of renewable energy project development and organisation aptitudes and attention to detail;
- Service-oriented with commitment to working within a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starter and energetic;
- Available to travel in and outside the country, approximately 20 to 25% of the time.
- Mechanical, civil or electrical engineering degree, or similar. A specialization or Master’s degree in wind or solar energy would be an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development, implementation and/or management of energy projects or a similar position;
- Proficient with the MS Office suite (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Proficient in French and English, both oral and written.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to HR@innergex.com by February 8, 2019. Please reference number #WIN193 in your application.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.