Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. – Community Relations (one-year contract)(Vancouver, BC)
May 14, 2019
Do you want to be part of a growing company and a team of experienced professionals?
We are always looking for new talent, come join our team!
JOB POSTING #PRC208
If interested, please send your CV and resume to: HR@innergex.com.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President – Corporate Relations, the Manager – Community Relations will have the following main responsibilities:
- Engage in and support consultation with Indigenous partners, municipal governments and local stakeholders;
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the company’s Indigenous partners;
- Assist in consultation and engagement with all levels of government;
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, standards and best management practices pertaining to community and Indigenous relations;
- Work with the broader consultative teams to ensure the company is meeting all of its contractual and legal obligations with host and indigenous communities;
- Work with the Development team to lead and support community consultations and relationship building;
- Represent the company at community events;
- Support the Vice President – Corporate Relations in meetings including, but not limited to, attending and participating, taking minutes and writing summaries;
- Assist in the development of presentations and external materials;
- Other tasks to support the activities of the Vice President – Corporate Relations, as required.
- Strong sense of ownership over work and overall team objectives;
- Well organized, proactive, and meticulous;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken);
- Capacity to work under pressure with tight deadlines in the context of changing priorities;
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and interact with diverse stakeholders;
- Undergraduate degree or diploma;
- Knowledge of legal and policy context around Indigenous relations in Canada;
- Experience in relations with municipal, provincial and/or federal government officials;
- Experience in community and Indigenous relations an asset;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is a global player with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France, Chile and Iceland. The Corporation develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms, solar parks and geothermal plants exclusively producing renewable energy.
Sustainable development producing positive social, environmental and economic results guides our actions. We are not only proud of the work we do, but also of the way we do it. Our many accomplishments and continued successes are made possible by our outstanding team of employees.
Innergex, a publicly traded corporation, has offices in Longueuil, Vancouver, Lyon and San Diego.
The chosen candidate will be based at our Vancouver office.