ENGIE – Lead Wind Turbine Technician (Shelburne, ON)
June 7, 2018
Lead Wind Turbine Technician
Operate and maintain the site by optimizing wind generation availability and performance through established procedures with the highest regard for health, safety and environment compliance.
Plateau Wind, Shelburne, Ontario / Asset Optimization
Hourly – Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the Lead Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with HONI and OGCC
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections – safely using tools such as multimeter and IR Camera
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at Brockville and Beckwith solar sites as needed
- Equipment operation training – contractors, other site’s employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain substation equipment such as: electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers and collection lines
- Be proficient in using Vestas Online Business, GE WindSCADA or other similar WTG control and monitoring systems
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by Supervisor
- Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal; i.e., formal reports.
- Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc.
- Must hold or obtain a valid passport, and be able to travel internationally with no restrictions.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 250 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to – fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses, arc-flash clothing, etc.
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
- 3-year diploma in a technical program or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in WTG site, Power Plant, Manufacturing or Mining operations, or Maintenance.
- CoQ tradesperson – Electrician, Millwright, Control Technician
Working Environment (50% Indoors – 50% Outdoors)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the Canada. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status”.
ENGIE North America Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using the Apply Online button below. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may mail your resume to our address: ENGIE North America Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer. Apply on-line at www.engie-na.com