Enbridge Inc. – Summer Student – Wind Generation Maintenance (Dorion Greenwich Wind Farm, ON)
February 5, 2020
Interested in a career in Wind Generation? We have an opportunity for it to be kickstarted with this summer position at our Dorion Greenwich Wind Farm. The successful candidate will contribute to completing annual services and optimization projects to reduce downtime and increase revenue.
As a Summer Student you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative team to develop the practical skills needed to build your future career.
Duration of Placement:
This is a 4-month opportunity from May to August, 2020.
What you will do:
- Follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions
- Follow all direction to ensure scheduled annual wind turbine maintenance is conducted safely and achieved on time
- Adhere to Enbridge safety standards, procedures and ensure a positive safety culture; provide recommendations to higher level technical staff and management regarding everything safety, and encourage others for completing safe acts, and intervene when unsafe acts are practiced
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment status; seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside of trained skill level to ensure success in execution of duties
- Act thoughtfully and to remain calm in stressful situations and/or hazardous conditions, and work in enclosed spaces
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a full time post-secondary diploma program studying Mechanical , Instrumentation, Electrical or Power Engineering, with applied experience, and will be returning to full time school immediately following the work term
- Unwavering commitment to providing a safe, incident-free work environment, and the ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices
- Solid computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experienced with basic hand tools
- Effective and professional communication both verbal and written with ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Enbridge’s core values (Safety, Integrity, Respect)
- Working in confined spaces and at heights over 80 meters
- Climbing stairs and ladders 80 meters in height
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying items up to 50 lbs in weight
- Gripping and manually manipulating, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts
- Working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Speaking and listening to close range radios
- Relocation assistance is not provided
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.