Enbridge Inc. – Summer Student – Wind Farm Technology (Talbot Wind Farm, ON)
February 5, 2020
Want to gain experience and first-hand knowledge of the safety, operations and maintenance of Wind Turbines? We have an excellent opportunity for a Summer Student at our Talbot Wind Farm. As a Summer Student at Enbridge, you will work as part of an innovative and collaborative team to develop the practical skills needed to build your future career.
Duration of Placement:
This is a 4 month opportunity from May to August 2020.
What you will do:
- Ensure maintenance of wind turbines at the wind farm
- Identify risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implement defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment status; seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside of trained skill level to ensure success in execution of duties
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures, and demonstrate risk averse safety behavior at all times
- Provide recommendations to higher level technical staff and management regarding everything safety; encourage and recognize others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a full time post-secondary program studying Electrical or Mechanical Technology/Engineering, and/or a Renewable Energy diploma program, and will be returning to full time school immediately following the work term
- Effective and professional communication both verbal and written with ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective time management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Solid computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Enbridge’s core values (Safety, Integrity, Respect)
- Field based role
- 25% travel
- Working in confined spaces and at heights over 80 meters
- Climbing stairs and ladders 80 meters in height
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying items up to 50 lbs in weight
- Gripping and manually manipulating, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts
- Working remotely in a turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Speaking and listening to close range radios
- Relocation assistance is not provided
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.