Elemental Energy – Project Coordinator (Vancouver, BC)
March 8, 2019
Industry: Renewable energy development and investment
Mission: We invest in, develop, and manage renewable energy projects (solar, wind, and hydro) that generate long-term value for our shareholder, our partners, and the planet.
Opportunity: Elemental is looking for enthusiastic candidates looking to get exposure to a wide range of renewable energy projects and markets.
Why Apply: This position offers a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to make an impact on the renewable energy industry and contribute to the growth and evolution of a dynamic, well-capitalized investor and project developer.
What you’ll love about working here:
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Fun and motivated workplace
- Interacting with lots of sharp minds
- Opportunity for growth
- Our west coast modern office is in the heart of downtown Vancouver
Start Date: March/April 2019
- Report to the Director of Project Development, and work in close collaboration with the Elemental development team.
- Perform GIS analysis, create maps, and develop internal templates.
- Wind and solar resource analysis and conceptual system design.
- Renewable energy development site identification using knowledge of electricity market, resource, transmission and interconnection, environmental and permitting, and social considerations.
- Create visual simulations of development sites for public consultation and communications.
- Consult with various project stakeholders and support consultation process.
- Send out newsletters and other mail correspondence.
- Assist Project Manager with permit applications and associated reports and studies.
- Assist with assembling bid packages in response to competitive requests for proposals or other opportunities.
- Assist in departmental budget tracking process.
- Be a positive local presence on behalf of Elemental Energy, at all times representing the company’s values with the highest level of integrity.
- Travel to project locations regularly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely well organized and high attention to detail.
- Interest in working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic about renewable energy and sustainability.
- Able to work both independently and with a team and able to maintain a positive work environment.
- Willingness to travel.
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental science, public policy, business, finance, law, science, sustainability or similar is required.
- Experience with one or more of project management, permitting, environmental studies, GIS, communications, development is preferred.
- Prior work or academic experience with renewable energy is preferred.
Send your resume with cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the job title “Elemental Development Job Posting” in the subject line. While we thank all the candidates for their interest, only those selected for followup will be contacted.