DNV GL – Senior Team Leader – Solar Energy (Montreal, QC)
March 28, 2019
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Advisory group is looking for a Senior Team Leader to direct the commercial operations of its respective Energy Assessment team(s) and reports directly to the Head of Section, Energy Assessment. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Team Leader include coordinating and planning the operations of its team(s), intermediate technical approval of Energy Group reports/deliverables, maintaining client relationships, and overseeing staff training and performance reviews. Along with the other Senior Team Leaders in the Energy Group, the Senior Team Leader performs the comprehensive and detailed approval of all Energy Group deliverables and presents to the Section Head for final approval. The Senior Team Leader should have expert technical skills, good business acumen, and excellent organizational and management capabilities.
This position is based out of our Montreal, Quebec office.
Tasks May Include
Operations, Business Development and Project Delivery (70% of working hours)
- Coordinate and plan operations of team(s);
- Support Section Head in maintaining consistency of quality and methodology alignment across Energy Group teams;
- Assist staff and Team Leaders in determining appropriate methodology and solutions for:
- Solar and wind energy production assessments,
- Other data analysis conducted by staff;
- Perform approval of all deliverables produced from within the Senior Team Leader’s team(s);
- Present checked and approved deliverables to Energy Group Section Head for final approval;
- Collaborate directly with and support other departments (e.g. IE Group) in completing multidisciplinary deliverables;
- Approve costing and scope of work descriptions of standard proposals and bids;
- Prepare special proposals and bids;
- Promote new Energy Group services and cross-sell other DNV GL services to clients;
- Under the direction of Section Head, oversee list of Energy Group clients to maintain good client relationships, identify and prioritize key clients, and pursue new clients.
Staff development and human resources (30%)
- Establish and implement training for Energy Analysts;
- Set coordination meetings and communications with the respective team(s), in cooperation with the Team Leader(s);
- Assist Section Head in defining job position descriptions, coordinating recruitment, and reviewing and interviewing applicants;
- Conduct annual performance reviews of team (Energy Analysts and Team Leaders where appropriate), with support from the Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, computer science, or mathematics field;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience (experience in renewable energy is an asset);
- 3+ years experience in renewable energy consulting is preferred;
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team;
- Extensive knowledge of solar or wind energy production assessment methodology,
- Comprehensive understanding of the North American renewable energy market,
- Proficiency in the statistical analysis of data,
- Demonstrated experience getting from data to business insight,
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Matlab, R, Python, SAS),
- Proficiency with MS Office Word/Excel/Access,
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools,
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats,
- Familiarity with the full breadth of DNV GL services.
- Writing technical reports suitable for project financing and communicating results to clients
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment screening
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume and apply online.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.