DNV GL – Product Owner – Energy Renewables (Montreal QC)
July 31, 2019
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you have a track record of building successful online applications? Are you interested in managing products that make data available to firms developing wind and solar power projects? Then you may find our Product Owner position to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL – Energy is looking for a talented Product Owner to grow an external application from minimum viable product to a strong success. Your responsibilities will include customer interaction, business development, product requirement gathering, oversight of the execution of product development, development and implementing marketing plan, and maintaining the business plan.
In the renewables advisory practice at DNV GL, we increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society. Join a high performing and innovative team, with access to the best quality and widest range of renewable energy data.
This position is based out of our Montreal, Quebec office.
Tasks May Include
- Responsible for product requirement gathering through interaction with customers
- Drive product marketing and sales through close collaboration with customers and teams across the globe
- Own the product development plan together with software development teams
- Deeply understand customer and market needs and passionately defend the voice of the customer in product funding and development
- Monitor the execution of product development by the software teams
- Champion continuous innovation/improvement for your product
- Foster cross-product communication and alignment with other teams
- Be responsible and accountable for the product business model.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of product ownership experience
- Demonstrated revenue growth on online applications, preferably in the renewable energy industry
- Experience working in design sprints, Google Sprint and/or Agile-Scrum methodology
- Self-starter who demonstrates the ability to work in a global, cross-functional team environment, collaborating with groups of subject matter experts in different geographies and time-zones
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate product functionality.
- Ability to think both about short-term action and longer-term strategy
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Deadline for applications: October 29, 2019. Please go online to apply for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.