Capstone Infrastructure Corporation – Turbine Technician II
March 4, 2019
Job Title: Turbine Technician II
Regular Hours: 40
Job Status: Permanent
Division/Department: Wind Operations
Position Type: Regular Full Time
With minimal supervision from higher level technical and/or management staff, the Turbine Technician II utilizes skills and training to perform maintenance and/or installation work on assigned wind turbines at an Advanced level. The Technician II will follow defined schedules and procedures including safety protocol, turbine service and/or installation processes, and other verbal and written instruction and make initial diagnosis of routine turbine issues. The Technician II is regarded as an “advanced-level” team member on the technician team and will perform some customer interface and provide mentorship to entry and intermediate level technicians.
- Acts as a safety role model, encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are being practiced. Adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment, implements effective risk mitigation and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity, strong initiative, as well as a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- May assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff.
- Performs intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialized calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment.
- Documents tasks where required and enters data into Mainsaver.
- Effectively gathers information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues.
- Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution.
- Follows structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge).
- Independently initiates and performs most work tasks as well as follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff.
- Effectively promotes strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly supports and promotes team spirit and cooperation, and supports change initiatives.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training.
- Ability to travel to remote locations for weeks at a time.
- Periodic walking on both flat and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction
- Share on-call duties to monitor park performance and respond to faulted towers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience repairing and maintaining wind turbines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have extensive knowledge of tools and equipment
- Must have extensive knowledge of maintenance and repair processes and procedures.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have solid computer skills, Preference will be given to candidates proficient in IT troubleshooting.
- Preference will be given to those holding or working towards certification as an electrician or millwright, or those with the equivalent in education and experience
Working conditions will vary depending on the type of work being performed, and will involve both indoor and outdoor tasks and may require working in adverse weather conditions as long as it is safe to do so. From time to time extended hours as well as late evenings, early mornings, weekends and holiday work will be required. Worker will be required to work at heights and in an environment, that may have exposure to electrical, rotational, fluid pressure and associated hazards.
Interested applicants can submit Resume and Cover Letter to ESWFemployment@capstoneinfra.com. Deadline to submit is June 2, 2019.