Borea Construction – Trade Superintendent (Medicine Hat, AB)
September 6, 2019
Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ?
The Trade Superintendent works in collaboration with the General Superintendent/Site Manager. He is responsible to oversee the construction activities related to his scope of work (Environment, Civil Work, Foundation, Collection System or Installation).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Organize construction activities and ensure the completion of the work by the workforce and/or subcontractors in his/her field of activity
- Provide solutions to production problems and technical issues
- Understand contract and scope of work and ensure it is well communicated to the trades
- Ensure that all changes related to the work in his/her field of activity provided by professionals are incorporated on site
- Keep a daily log of all site activities
- Compile data related to hourly workers and the production rate, and then, estimate the time required to complete the work
- Be responsible for their specific section in the monthly report (MMM) as well as the weekly report
- Ensure the as-built drawings are marked
- Check and prepare material orders and items related to the work they supervise
- Maintain site files on supplies, equipment and services
- Supervise inspections performed by field engineers, subcontractors, and any external participant
- Identify and eliminate risks and identify and document the hazards
- Be responsible for collecting & approving timesheets daily
- Maintain a professional attitude with owners, workers, consultants and coworkers
- Attend and participate actively in all project’s meetings
- Coach assistant superintendents and foremen in their professional development
WHAT YOU’LL BRING ?
- High school diploma and technical trade certifications/card/diploma (according to the province) or any relevant experience
- 10 to 12 years of experience in similar functions
- Fluent in English, French, an asset
- High geographical mobility
- Valid driver license
- Good communication both verbally and written
- Excellent teamwork and attitude
- Autonomy and leadership
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution skills
- Being able to adapt to high-stress environment and weather fluctuations (construction site)
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM ?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standart vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
Deadline for applications: October 5, 2019. Please go online to apply for this position.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly