Borea Construction – Senior Field Engineer (Electrical), Calgary, (AB)
January 27, 2020
Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the main responsibilities of the Senior Field Engineer are to coordinate the work related to the installation of wind turbines and/or solar panels on site. The incumbent will act as an expert in electrical construction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- With the assistance of the Project Manager, prepare the contracts required for the execution and control of the work for Subcontractors, suppliers and consultants
- Assist the Superintendent in the coordination of civil engineering activities
- Validate the progress of the collector system and produce a periodic monitoring report
- Coordinate construction works in collaboration with the Superintendent, Environmental Engineer, subcontractors, municipal and regional representatives, and the client representative
- Develop and implement the quality control program for the installation phase of the project.
- Coordinate work compliance inspections
- Ensure that technical procedures are applied to the work performed on site in collaboration with the Project Engineer
- Track purchases, reception and inventory of materials required to complete the work
- Actively participate in the implementation of the prevention program and support the Site Health & Safety Advisor in ensuring the respect of the requirements and implementation of traffic controls in collaboration with the Electrical Superintendent
WHAT YOU’LL BRING ?
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 3 to 8 years’ experience in similar positions
- Mastery of the Office suite and IT tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High geographical mobility and ability to work away from home for a period of time
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution skills
- Autonomy and leadership
- High administrative rigour
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standard vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
To How to apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your resume by clicking on the following link: Senior Field Engineer (Electrical). Deadline to submit is April 26 , 2020.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.