Borea Construction – Health and Safety Field Manager (Calgary, AB)
September 6, 2019
Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ?
Under the supervision of the H&S director, the Health and Safety Field Manager mandate is to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of the Health and Safety department of the different sites. He will work in collaboration with the site management team to ensure compliance and maintenance of excellence within the Safety program.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead and assist the HS Advisors, Site Manager and Superintendent in interpreting and administering tasks related to legislative demands, national H&S program and policies
- Participate in the development, review and implement of the H&S program, policies and procedures
- Guide site management staff towards the achievement of corporate H&S objectives
- Make sure that periodic safety audits are conducted
- Develop and organize, with the help of H&S Advisors, H&S trainings and orientations of all news workers on site and subcontractors
- Ensure that prequalification’s of the subcontractors are adequate before projects’ start
- Get involved in special files with clients, government bodies and represent Borea
- Support the response to emergencies
- Ensure that procedures are in place in the event of an incident
- Monitor and update accident and incident investigations in collaboration with HS Advisors
- Provide the necessary support to the HS Director during project qualification processes
- Assist the HS Director and HR Coordinator to plan the HR requirements and recruit personnel needed to implement the HS program
- Perform any other related duties assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING ?
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a Health and Safety Program or/and equivalent combination of training and experience
- NCSO certification mandatory unless CRSP certification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role in Health & Safety within the construction or resource industry
- High geographical mobility
- Knowledge of applicable provincial environmental and safety legislations/regulations and standards
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders (management, non-unionized/unionized workforce, clients, industry associations, enforcement agencies, etc.)
- Attention to detail and work in a time-effective manner
- Autonomy, versatility and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- High administrative rigor
- Bilingualism, an asset
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM ?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standard vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
Deadline for applications: October 5, 2019. Please go online to apply for this position.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly