Borea Construction – Field Engineer / Quality Inspector (Calgary, AB)
September 6, 2019
Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
The Site Engineer/Quality Inspector works in collaboration with the General Superintendent/Site Manager. He is responsible for the construction of specific phases of the project. He also ensures the respect of the technical procedures on site.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
- Refer to the Superintendent of his own work trade
- Run the Quality Plan throughout his/her work inspection
- Act as an intermediary, between the contractor and the subcontractor, regarding the work quality of the trade in question
- Have access to all the work and have the authority to:
- Identify quality issues and deviations points in the overall quality and environmental quality
- Undertake to find, recommend, and provide solutions to problems
- Stop any activity that contravenes the materials quality or environmental restriction
- Supervise the process of solving a problem until it is completely resolved
- Write non-compliances reports, when necessary
- Support the project members in the implementation of the Quality Plan
- Ensure the validity of documents related to the quality and monitors them
- Conduct independent inspections in accordance with the Execution Procedures and ITP’s
- Ensure that those responsible for the quality inspections of subcontractor’s work do their job and makes the necessary inspections as required
- Ensure that all materials used in the work he/she oversees is deemed compliant by an independent laboratory or subcontractor’s quality inspectors
- Track reception of material and inventory
- Compile and interpret the data and statistics related to the work executed
- Identify issues and monitors corrective actions
- Produce, in collaboration with the Superintendent, the project end records depending on the progress of work
WHAT YOU’LL BRING?
- Civil/Mechanical/Electrical engineering bachelor’s degree / college degree or any relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in similar functions
- Good proficiency in Suite Office
- Fluent in English
- High geographical mobility
- Valid driver license
- Ability to work in teams and communicate both verbally and written
- Excellent management skills
- Autonomy and leadership
- Excellent team management and conflict resolution assets
- High administrative rigor
- Being able to adapt to high-stress environment and weather fluctuations (construction site)
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM?
- Competitive salary
- Above industry standard vacation
- Group insurance (Health Management Account)
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution to a DPSP
- Monthly public transit subscription paid by the employer
- Subscription to a fitness center reimbursed 50% by the employer
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education offered throughout the year
- Young and dynamic environment
- Excellent career opportunities
Deadline for applications: October 5, 2019. Please go online to apply for this position.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.