Boralex – Wind Turbine Maintenance Technician (Chatham/Windsor, ON)
January 31, 2020
You are recognized for your sense of initiative, your efficiency and your practical experience and you have the desire to work in a company strong with its human values and its role as a Quebec pioneer in the field of renewable energies.
Reporting to the site supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of the wind turbines and windfarm balance of plant:
- Perform regular and unscheduled preventive maintenance of wind turbines;
the event of a breakdown, promptly respond and quickly provide a solution;
- Monitor performance of wind turbines;
- Perform diagnosis and repairs on wind turbines;
- Be proactive in regard to wind turbine maintenance to prevent equipment failure or degradation;
- Perform related duties as required;
- Perform Balance of Plant monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance – substations, roads, collector lines, warehouse, etc.
- Technical degree or diploma in wind turbine maintenance or industrial maintenance or electrical engineering;
- Good knowledge of the electrical energy environment and hydraulic engineering;
- Good physical condition, without fear of heights and/or confined space, and precision skills;
- Demonstrate a good sense of innovation and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent capacity for thorough analysis;
- Good organizational skills and autonomy;
- Good collaboration and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software.
The candidate must be available and willing to travel occasionally and participate in regular on-call rotation for evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The chance to participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A pension plan with employer contributions;
- A group insurance plan to meet all your needs;
- An annual allowance to pursue your interests and save time.
Please send your resume to the following address: email@example.com. And if you would like to know more, visit us online on the Web, Facebook and LinkedIn.