Boralex – Wind Site Technician (Niagara, ON)
May 2, 2019
Niagara Region Wind Farm (NRWF) operates a 230 MW wind power project. The project comprises 77 turbines across the Regional Municipality of Niagara, the Township of West Lincoln, the Town of Wainfleet and Haldimand County in Ontario. The turbines are some of the largest available at 3 MW each.
Reporting to the Wind Site Manager of Boralex Inc., the candidate will be responsible for:
- Take an active part with the team in resolving technical problems;
- Inspection and maintenance of various wind site infrastructures such as roads, sub-stations, transmission line, collector system and develop measures to be taken when appropriate;
- Provide operational efficiency particularly by follow-up activities in the field, prudent management of equipment maintenance and by guaranteeing the best possible availability of the wind turbines;
- Work closely with the external and internal stakeholders associated to the wind farm;
- Manage work budgets for which you are responsible;
- Ensure that OSH and environmental rules and guidelines are followed;
- Take over all other related tasks.
- Technical Degree or other relevant education or training;
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in operations;
- Experience at an electricity generation site, especially a wind farm, would be an advantage;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products;
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be an asset;
- Skillful in establishing priorities, good judgement and sense of initiative;
- Resourceful, be organised, team spirit, dynamism and availability;
- Good physical condition, able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
Note that the applicant will be required to perform on-call rotation with other team members.
- Participate in the growth of a company that is actively involved in the energy transition;
If you can see yourself contributing to Boralex via this career opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com