BluEarth Renewables – Site Lead, Wind Technician (East Central, AB)
January 24, 2019
BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others
Position Title: Site Lead, Wind Technician
Location: East Central Alberta
Position Closes: February 22, 2019
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, Bull Creek Wind Facility, the Site Lead, Wind Technician is accountable for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Bull Creek Wind Facility in East Central Alberta.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Responsible for leading the work of other wind technicians;
- Assist with on-site implementation of health and safety policies, practices and programs designed to motivate employees to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents, injuries and other hazards related to company’s operations;
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of wind turbine subassemblies and related components;
- Perform status updates, including clearing error codes on wind turbines and repairing issues;
- Change and / or replace mechanical components in a designated area or wind field;
- Service blade and hub components as required;
- Inspect and facilitate maintenance of collector electrical equipment, communication systems, access roads, gates and other site infrastructure;
- Assist with completing reports and documents related to plant and equipment performance, and following-up with suppliers and service providers when required;
- Maintain respectful and harmonious working relationships with all external stakeholders on behalf of BluEarth;
- Providing operational support to sites across Canada including covering wind or solar technicians during absences, as required;
- Develop a culture of team work, pride and ownership at the Bull Creek Wind Facility; and
- Other duties as required.
- Wind Turbine Technician certificate, technical diploma or trade certificate in mechanical or electrical;
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum four years of wind power experience;
- Experience working around high, medium, and low voltage equipment;
- Demonstrated competency in a leadership role;
- Strong technical knowledge of wind facility operations and turbines, including functionality, design and components;
- Experience with electrical and hydraulic schematics;
- Experience with industry standard SCADA systems and software;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both electrical and mechanical systems;
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting equipment such as multimeters, voltage testers, etc.;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office product such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Possess an action-oriented approach with a strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Able to understand and evaluate technical issues in relation to the overall business;
- Able to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as act in a professional manner when representing the company; and
- Committed to excellence in personal and professional conduct and performance.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions, including working at heights more than 300 feet, and working in variable and adverse weather conditions, if safe to do so;
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, in addition to being on-call.
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.
To apply for this position, please send you resume to email@example.com with “Site Lead Wind Technician” in the subject line.
Please note: only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.