Know of an outstanding advocate – nominate someone today!
October 25, 2016
Who will you nominate to join a distinguished list of visionary leaders in Canada’s wind energy industry?
Since 1985, the Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has brought the wind industry together for an evening of celebration to honour outstanding achievements and contributions made by clean energy leaders over the year, 2017 is no exception. For the 32nd annual awards, CanWEA has cast the net as far and as wide as possible in an effort to highlight the many individuals who dedicate their time and effort in building a renewable future for Canada.
Since presenting the very first award, the R.J. Templin Award – which recognizes an individual or organizations that’s undertake scientific, technical, engineering or policy research and development work to significantly advance the wind industry in Canada – the Association has added an additional five award categories. Today the six CanWEA awards recognize important and significant contributions made by the hard working women and men who keep our industry moving forward.
The five other categories open for nominations are:
- The Matt Holder Community Connection Award, presented to an organization or individual who embodies the mandate of responsible development through a commitment to understand and build meaningful relationships with host communities.
- The Friend of Wind Award, which recognizes outstanding voluntary contributions to advancing awareness of the benefits of wind energy at the community level in Canada.
- The Individual Leadership Award, presented to an individual who has contributed significantly to the advancement of wind energy in Canada.
- The Group Leadership Award, which honours a government, corporation or non-profit organizationthat has made a significant contribution to the advancement of wind energy in Canada.
- The Wind Project of the Year Award presented to a commissioned Canadian wind energy project that has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to responsible and sustainable development.
Thirty-one organizations and individuals have received one of these prestigious awards. This list, it truly does read like a who’s who of industry pioneers whose passion and commitment has transformed what was once an experimental technology into one of the most exciting chapters in Canada’s energy story. To ensure that we continue to recognize this dedication of industry champions I invite you to nominate a deserving leader today. You have until November 30th to ensure their dedication is recognized among peers. Remember that CanWEA members, non-members and self-nominations from individuals, groups and project developers are all encouraged.
Stay tuned for the reveal of the final award nominees in February 2017. Followed by an exciting evening of celebration on April 4, 2017 that will be sure to make us all proud of the tremendous work taking place each and every day in an effort to ensure that the Canadian wind energy industry continues to grow and that communities across Canada continue to benefit from clean, affordable and reliable wind energy.
For additional information on the CanWEA awards, the nomination process and to browse through last year’s winners be sure to take a look at the CanWEA Awards page. Good luck to all! I am certainly excited to learn more about this year’s nominees, finalists and winners.