Senior Project Manager (Renewable Energy) South-West Ontario
April 10, 2014
Our client, Samsung C & T Canada Ltd. is one of the world’s leading construction firms. They provide a complete range of services (planning, project/program management, general contracting, construction management, design/build and turn-key development). This company has built a global reputation for excellence in infrastructure, industrial/commercial development and energy. Their Canadian office is located at 930 Sheldon Court, Burlington, ON, L7L 5K6.
Based in Mississauga, at 930 Sheldon Court, L4W 5K4, our client is seeking an experiencedProject Manager to join their Canadian management/operations team. The Project Manager will manage the engineering design, procurement of equipment and construction of a major wind farm project located in south-west Ontario (Haldimand County). The project term will be approximately 12 months.
This is a unique career opportunity for candidates looking to join an organization that promotes teamwork, accountability and personal/professional development.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership, construction and project management skills. Formal training in project management from a recognized university or the PMI is a requirement. He/she will have had a minimum 7 years Project Management experience in the Wind Industry. They will have experience managing wind projects with a high proportion of direct (i.e. self-performed) work with the balance performed by sub-contractors. The successful candidate will have the capability and ambition to assume roles of increasing responsibility within the company (i.e. Canadian management/operations team).
Successful candidates will bring character, a strong work ethic, ambition, plus a desire to pursue a longer term career with a leading team-oriented construction firm.
- 10 + years project/construction management experience in the ICI sector, (big wind experience is essential – minimum 7 years).
- PMP designation required.
- Proven track record of managing projects valued at a minimum $50 million, preferably >$250 million, from start-up to closeout.
- Proficiency in project planning, scheduling (Primavera) and cost management software essential.
- Experienced with contracts and contract administration in an EPCM environment.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in civil construction (i.e. roads, foundations) plus structural (i.e. high rise/tower) steel construction
- University/College degree, diploma or equivalent in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Business or a related field.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external groups.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving skills and teamwork orientation
- Ability to travel and work at job site.
The successful candidates will be joining an organization that promotes diversity, teamwork and respect in the workplace. Qualified candidates from across Canada are invited to apply, however they must reside in Ontario for the duration of the project and meet Ontario residency requirements.
Compensation and benefits
Our client offers competitive base salary (in the range of $140,000 to $200,000) plus company benefits (health, dental, life insurance) and three weeks annual vacation.
To apply for this position:
For further information or to apply, please contact Garth Moore from Richmond Search Group at416-569-8605 or email your resume and cover letter to Garth Moore at:email@example.com.