Project Manager – Wind IE – Canada
May 12, 2017
Requisition ID: 2017-9122
Business Area: Energy
Location: CA-Montreal, CA-ON-Toronto
Position Type: Permanent employment
Local Unit & Position Description
The Project Engineer is an entry level position that will be responsible for supporting the strong growth of DNV GL Independent Engineering consulting services worldwide. This position is responsible for assisting Project Managers in technical consulting and producing independent engineering reports for Clients that are due diligence assessments of utility grade wind and solar power generation projects. This position also has the potential for career growth. DNV GL clients are often financial companies relying upon the report as part of their investment decision making process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Project documentation
- Review construction draws confirming budget/contract compliance
- Developing draft proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Assist with initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Drafting portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and assisting with writing of the due diligence reports.
- Peer reviewing IE reports.
- Assist with follow up on technical issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal specialists as necessary.
- Attend meetings with Project Manager and clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
- Assist with coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site visits.
- Supporting Project Managers with financial closing of projects (including IE deliverables) relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring.
The DNV GL Project Engineer will be responsible to support various stages of project management on multiple projects and will be well versed in MS Office products. The position will be responsible for assist the Project Manager with organizing the technical due diligence process for projects, communicating and resolving technical issues with Clients, and travelling to projects in all parts of the country to perform site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and turbine installation, including inspection of turbines up-tower. The position is responsible to assist the Project Manager in addressing concerns and issues of the Client related to the project, placing a premium on the Client’s time.
The position is required to understand technical concepts, including the finer details of such concepts as they relate to the Client’s need to understand them, and issues from internal technical specialists so as to assist the Project Manager and Client in understanding complex technical issues in layman’s terms. These include aspects of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. Detail knowledge of, or ability to deduce, such technical details without technical specialist assistance is not necessary. However, successful candidate must be able to grasp such details and articulate them to lay persons relying upon DNV GL interpretation of such issues.
Knowledge/educational background that includes:
- Budgeting/accounting/ financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients.
- Capacity to understand and analyze technical issues.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Capable of travelling to sites all around country and performing site visits (expected to be about 30% annual time).
- Written and verbal communication skills must be exceptional.
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering, business, or other relevant degree from accredited 4 year university;
- MS preferred
- Displaying high integrity and honesty – Clients rely on DNV GL’s independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Building relationships – The ability to gain and maintain the trust of developers and banks is critical to our success
- Powerful communication – The ability to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
- Applying thinking skills – Identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Able to climb turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions).
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 30% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
Opportunities Beyond Business
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work toward our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.