PROJECT MANAGER – Montreal
August 11, 2014
Department: Due Diligence
Division: Renewable Advisory North America
Location: Montreal (Qc)
Nb of Opening: 1
Opportunities Beyond Business
By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a challenging and dynamic working environment, a competitive benefits package and several opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
DNV GL is actively looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for supporting the strong growth of DNV GL Independent Engineering consulting services worldwide. This position is responsible for providing technical consulting and producing independent engineering reports for Clients that are due diligence assessments of utility grade wind and solar power generation projects. DNV GL clients are often financial companies relying upon the report as part of their investment decision making process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and concluding proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Leading meetings with clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing audits.
- Supporting financial closing of projects relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring.
The DNV GL Project Manager will be responsible for performing various stages of project management on multiple projects and will be well versed in MS Office products. The position will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence process for projects, communicating and resolving technical issues with Clients, and travelling to projects in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and turbine installation, including inspection of turbines up-tower. The position is responsible for addressing concerns and issues of the Client related to the project, placing a premium on the Client’s time.
The position is required to understand technical concepts, including the finer details of such concepts as they relate to the Client’s need to understand them, and issues from internal technical specialists so as to assist the Client in understanding complex technical issues in layman’s terms. These include aspects of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. Detail knowledge of, or ability to deduce, such technical details without technical specialist assistance is not necessary. However, successful candidate must be able to grasp such details and articulate them to lay persons relying upon DNV GL interpretation of such issues.
- Project management.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients.
- Solid technical background.
- Experience in heavy industry, wind industry experience preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Capable of travelling to sites all around country and performing site visits (expected to be about 30% annual time).
- Written and verbal communication skills must be exceptional.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in engineering, business, or other relevant degree from accredited 4 year university;
- MS preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in heavy industry/construction/management plus one year experience in wind industry; or
- Minimum of four years’ experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Able to climb turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions).
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 30% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
Leverage Your Career with an Industry Leader! APPLY NOW, by submitting your online application via this link:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you.