Project Manager – Development (contract)
August 29, 2017
You are recognized for your ability to set priorities and work independently, you are an excellent communicator and possess strong teamwork skills, and have the desire to work in a company with strong values and a reputation as a pioneer in the renewable energy industry.
Under the supervision of Ontario’s Development Director, you will have several challenges including a significant role working directly with the Head of Projects in the development of the Otter Creek Wind Farm.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing environmental permitting related to projects, including applications, public consultation, process management and planning;
- Managing various consultants’ scope of work, schedule, and work products;
- Leading acquiring all permits and approvals for projects in Ontario;
- Ensure compliance with REA and other permit conditions and commitments throughout construction;
- Participate in preparation and execution of handover to Operations team leading up to commercial operation;
- Liaising with government officials to understand and influence direction of policy;
- Maintaining good relationships with community, local stakeholders, and First Nations;
- Create of budgets, schedules and presentations to monitor the development of each project;
- Assist the Director with regards to the strategy within the Ontario market;
- Assist the Director with greenfield opportunities in the United States.
- Prior renewable energy project development and permitting experience in Ontario;
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or engineering is strongly preferred;
- A keen understanding of the Renewable Energy Approval process;
- Experience working with local, provincial, and federal regulatory agencies;
- Experience with stakeholder consultations including public meetings and presentations;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products;
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be an asset.
- A growing company dedicated to the development and the operation of renewable energy power facilities;
- A dynamic work environment;
If you can see yourself contributing to Boralex via this career opportunity, please send your resume before September 11th, 2017 to: email@example.com. For further information, visit our Website, Facebook and LinkedIn.