Project Controller (Project Billing)
April 4, 2017
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL is seeking a Project Controller (Project Billing) for our Advisory Americas operations. The Project Controller (Project Billing) is responsible for preparing client invoices with project managers while ensuring compliance with the contracts and financial requirement conditions. This position proactively works closely with project managers and is responsible for the financial oversight of assigned projects from inception to closure. Duties include activating projects, ensuring that project revenue is properly recognized, billings are paid timely, and receivables are properly stated.
Tasks May Include
- Create and issue invoices to customers
- Activate and set up projects in accounting database in accordance with client billing requirements
- Ensure that processes and procedures for contracts are followed; signed proposals are received; change orders are documented and signed
- Close projects in a timely manner
- Update accounting system with respect to contract fee maximums and change orders
- Responsible for the financial verification of projects
- Produce month end reports and analysis
- Track, compile, and produce financial data and reports for the review and assessment by project managers
- Participate in month end process, which evaluates and reports business activities
- Track, compile, and calculate billing charges and material costs
- Review WIP with project managers and get approval for invoicing
- Compile data and reports for project managers
- Interact with clients regarding invoice questions and/or concerns
- May provide backup to other departments such as Collections, A/P, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Some college coursework in Accounting/Finance or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years of project billing experience in a professional services firm (law, engineering or medical billing) required
- Experience using Oracle accounting software preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office programs is required (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Fluent in English is required, French is an asset
- Strong sense of urgency for deadlines
- Able to learn new software and DNV GL procedures in a timely fashion
- Flexibility and adaptability – as issues and tasks may change quickly
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to guide and support less experienced staff
- Both a team player, and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, as applicable
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people
- Proven Quality, Health, Safety and Environment mindset
Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job:
- Ability to perform consistent work on a computer for extended periods.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., siting, standing and reaching.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check.
To apply, please click here.