Project Analyst – Environmental and Permitting Services, DNV GL
June 2, 2014
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Important Note: The location of the Project Analyst – Environmental and Permitting Services position is the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. DNV GL currently does not have an office situated in this area but due to market needs, the company is in need of hiring someone remotely in Toronto to better serve clients and develop business opportunities. Consequently, the location is not flexible. You may have noticed that the Ottawa location is also listed in the posting details; this means that the new recruit will administratively report into DNV GL Ottawa registered Office. Should you have any additional questions regarding the position location, you may contact email@example.com.
Must be an Ontario resident with an Ontario drivers’ license
An opportunity exists in our Environmental and Permitting Services Department (EPS) for a Project Analyst. The primary focus of this role is to assist with project development and owner’s engineering activities, including the preparation of local, provincial, and federal renewable energy permit applications, associated environmental impact studies, stakeholder engagement sessions, and other land use and zoning permit applications for projects located in the U.S. and Canada. The Project Analyst may also be engaged in contract and cost analyses in support of early stage wind and solar project design and assist with the development of corresponding basis of design documentation.
The Project Analyst will join the multi-disciplinary EPS Department within DNV GL. The dynamic working environment will require easily adaptable and technical employees to provide services across a wide range of active projects, including those in the development, design, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles. DNV GL is looking for a versatile individual with experience and training in relevant fields such as land use planning, geography, environmental engineering/science, biology, environmental law, geology, civil engineering, or other related technical or engineering fields. The selected individual will be requested to undertake studies in their field of expertise, as well as potentially manage projects for our North American and international clients.
Tasks May Include:
Under the coordination/supervision of Project Manager (PM) or Team Leader:
- Undertake and/or assist in specialized studies for large-scale wind, solar, and other renewable projects in his/her field, such urban land planning, wildlife and vegetation assessments, land use studies, visual studies and simulations, radio communication and interference, etc.;
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of technical reports and permit applications for renewable energy projects on both Crown and private lands;
- Coordinate the execution of scopes of work by making optimal use of our multidisciplinary technical & scientific resources (internal and external) to provide early stage design and permitting support, working in a matrix structure;
- Support the organize consulting activities with different stakeholder groups, including regulatory agencies, local communities, and First Nations;
- Attend open houses;
- Provide support for technical due diligence reviews of environmental permits for project financing and M&A activities; and
- Maintain sustainable relationships and good communication with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders; and
- Prepare or assist in preparing custom-made proposals for each client/project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (preferred) in a relevant field, namely land use planning, geography, environmental engineering/science, biology, environmental law, geology, civil engineering, or other related technical or engineering fields;
- Experience with environmental and/or permitting in the renewable energy industry; and/or experience in regulatory affairs; and
- 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and interest of environmental assessment regulatory frameworks in various jurisdictions in Canada, specifically Ontario;
- Knowledge and interest in project development, design, and construction activities;
- Ability to synthesize a wide range of technical, financial, and legal documents or data into project-specific deliverables;
- Excellent analytical and reporting abilities;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; and
- Demonstrated skills in project coordination and environmental analysis
- >2 but <6 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree
- Fluency in French, Spanish
This is a Canadian-based opportunity; all applicants must be fully authorized to work in Canada.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rk2qdjh