Facility Manager, Mont Sainte-Marguerite
March 10, 2017
Asset Management – Direct
Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind, solar and transmission. The Pattern Energy Group team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group operates in the United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, and Mexico with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Santiago, Tokyo, and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group’s corporate headquarters is in San Francisco.
The position will lead and develop the team(s) to meet various obligations required for power generation at a Pattern Energy operating site.
- Leadership in all areas of the Pattern Energy operating site.
- Ensure a positive working environment by maintaining discipline, morale, and employee relations. Prepare performance reviews, salary recommendations, and disciplinary recommendations. Manage the hiring and training of personnel on site.
- Responsible for all personnel on site. Enable teammates’ ability and awareness to work safely and stop work as required. Drive the injury free workplace culture by facilitating safe work habits, hazard recognition, risk assessment, peer to peer feedback, and proper use of human performance tools.
- Meet or exceed production and financial targets. Work closely with Asset Management and Accounting to manage P & I including budget planning, management and reporting.
- Understand local market conditions, ensure facility capability data is current, and operate to schedule to maximize fuel resource. Work with Power Marketing to positively affect gross margin.
- Monitor facility performance; investigate and correct abnormal conditions to maximize the value of the operating site/asset.
- Manage facility and corporate procedures, policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices and related updates as required.
- Balance and support the operating site’s public relations and community interactions.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all Federal, provincial and local regulations and associated permits. Ensure obligations are met using the CMMS tool.
- Must maintain NERC and CIP compliance on site.
Required Work Experience
- Leadership & supervision in the power generation industry or military operations.
- Basic project management and computer proficiency.
BA/BS in engineering, business; related field or commensurate experience.
- Must reside within 80 KM of the facility’s O&M building.
- Ability to climb towers > 80m.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work with high workloads in stressful conditions and in physically demanding settings.
- Examples include but are not limited to traveling, participation with climbing, harsh temperatures, extreme driving conditions, varied 24/7 working hours, and supporting other business units and locations as needed.
- Must be bilingual in English and French – verbal and written.
- Must have knowledge of Hydro Quebec’s operating requirements.
- Must have a valid passport – entry to US will be required for meetings.
- Must have general understanding of NERC and CIP compliance.
Pattern Energy Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please click here.