Executive Assistant – Canadian Wind Energy Association
April 20, 2017
The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) is the voice of the wind energy industry in Canada, actively promoting responsible and sustainable growth in the wind energy sector. A national not-for-profit association, CanWEA is the most important source of reliable information on wind energy and its benefits to society, the economy and the environment. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. For more information, visit www.canwea.ca.
All interested candidates please e-mail your CV and a one-page cover letter to our HR contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, our application deadline is May 5, 2017 and this position will be based in Ottawa, ON.
CanWEA’s Executive Assistant is accountable to supporting the administrative needs of CanWEA’s President (50%) and Vice President of Policy and Communications (50%). This role provides coordination, project and administrative support for work at CanWEA.
This role has a high level of interdependency, spanning the depth and breadth of the organization; objectives are achieved through a high degree of independent work as well as collaboration.
- Coordinates the Board of Director meetings, including logistics, preparation of related meeting documentation and keeping accurate meeting minutes.
- Managing the CanWEA Board election process, CanWEA Awards process and the CanWEA Annual General Meeting.
- Administrative support for the President and the Vice President of Policy and Communications:
- Correspondence, maintaining filing, database management (including input);
- Responding to and directing internal and external calls, e-mails, etc.;
- Management of executive appointment calendar, meeting schedule;
- Meeting organization and preparation of materials, keeping meeting minutes;
- Travel arrangements, coordination and expense report completion
- Undertaking special projects, as requested.
- Collaborate with other internal CanWEA resources to support efficiency and avoid duplication of effort.
- Maintain and update CanWEA’s database of both installed and proposed wind projects in Canada.
Please note other duties may be assigned as needed to meet the evolving needs of the Association and its mandate.
- University degree (a combination of education and relevant experience will be considered).
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is a requirement.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French (written and spoken) is a strong asset.
- This role requires travel on a quarterly basis (5-8% of time); travel consists of national travel within Canada.
- 3+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant.
- Relevant experience in the not-for-profit or association sector is an asset
- Relevant experience in the wind energy industry or related sector is an asset.
- Well-organized and able to use good judgment to assess the priority and sensitivity of different work items in an environment where delivery may be subject to time constraints.
- Strict adherence to CanWEA’s policy and regulatory requirements and maintenance of high-level discretion/confidentiality with sensitive information and materials.
- Able to identify, define and propose initiatives and actions that will enhance the efficiency of the CanWEA Executive Team.
- Working knowledge of Board meetings, travel booking and other processes.
- Ability to work with people located off-site in different time zones across Canada.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with data entry and the use of contact management databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with the Board, association members, allies and key stakeholders.