DNV GL – Project Manager
June 13, 2014
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Developing and concluding proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
• Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
• Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
• Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
• Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
• Leading meetings with clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
• Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing audits.
• Supporting financial closing of projects relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring.
The DNV GL Project Manager will be responsible for performing various stages of project management on multiple projects and will be well versed in MS Office products. The position will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence process for projects, communicating and resolving technical issues with Clients, and travelling to projects in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and turbine installation, including inspection of turbines up-tower. The position is responsible for addressing concerns and issues of the Client related to the project, placing a premium on the Client’s time.
The position is required to understand technical concepts, including the finer details of such concepts as they relate to the Client’s need to understand them, and issues from internal technical specialists so as to assist the Client in understanding complex technical issues in layman’s terms. These include aspects of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. Detail knowledge of, or ability to deduce, such technical details without technical specialist assistance is not necessary. However, successful candidate must be able to grasp such details and articulate them to lay persons relying upon DNV GL interpretation of such issues.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
• Project management.
• Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
• Understanding of budgets and financial models.
• Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients.
• Solid technical background.
The characteristics listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job.
• Experience in heavy industry, wind industry experience preferred.
• Fluent in MS Office products.
• Capable of travelling to sites all around country and performing site visits (expected to be about 30% annual time).
• Written and verbal communication skills must be exceptional.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS degree in engineering, business, or other relevant degree from accredited 4 year university;
• MS preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience working in heavy industry/construction/management plus one year experience in wind industry; or
• Minimum of four years’ experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry
• Displaying high integrity and honesty – Clients rely on DNV GL’s independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
• Building relationships – The ability to gain and maintain the trust of developers and banks is critical to our success
• Powerful communication – The ability to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
• Applying thinking skills – Identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or work-arounds that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
• Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
• Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
• Able to climb turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions).
• Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
• Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
• Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 30% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair decisions about the job.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qh67d3p