Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA)
1600 Carling Avenue
Canada K1Z 1G3
Phone: 613-234-8716 or 1-800-922-6932
Your Voice Counts
Opinion polls consistently show that wind energy has broad public support across Canada. It is important to make your voice heard when governments and utilities are developing energy policies and when communities and municipal governments are considering wind energy projects
Join the conversation and support wind in your community!
The Friends of Wind website provides an opportunity to join the conversation on our energy future. The website features a variety of tools you can use to show your support for wind energy and government programs that provide a positive climate for growth in the sector. If you want to help spread the word about wind energy, here are few things you can do as a Friend of Wind:
- Send a letter to your Provincial Representative: Show your support for wind energy by submitting a letter to your provincial representative. It only takes a few seconds to make a difference.
- Join the social circle: Share your story, submit a blog and link with others. Share the Friends of Wind website with other wind energy supporters. Encourage them to share their stories and help spread the word on the many benefits of wind energy.
- Sign-up for the Friends of Wind eLetter: By signing up you will join the Friends of Wind network and receive a free monthly eLetter keeping you updated on the latest reliable information on wind energy.
Say yes to wind and take action!
Saying “yes” to wind energy is a great way to help reduce the impact of greenhouse gases and move us into a cleaner future. Here are some other ways you show your support:
- Spread the word: Help support wind energy with pro-wind lawn signs or promotional banners on your website, blog, Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Submit a letter to the editor: As a Friend of Wind we encourage you to write a letter to the editor in your local community newspaper to help raise awareness, correct misinformation and voice your opinion. Get tips on how to write an effective letter to the editor here.
- Support a local wind project Contact your municipal government to see if a wind project is proposed in your community.
- Take Action: Check out ways to show your support for wind energy.
Follow us on social media:
Stay engaged with CanWEA and other wind energy supporters through:
- Twitter (@CanWEA): Follow CanWEA on Twitter for up to date interesting facts and information on wind energy around the world
- Facebook (Canadian Wind Energy Association): Like CanWEA on Facebook and join the conversation about our energy future
- LinkedIn: Connect with members of the wind energy industry through the Canadian Wind Energy Association LinkedIn page