Analyst – Wind and Solar Projects
August 15, 2017
As a leading Canadian independent renewable power producer, Innergex develops, owns and operates run-of-river hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar photovoltaic parks. Active since 1990, the Company carries out operations in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Canada, in France and in Idaho, USA. Innergex employs more than 150 people and has offices in Longueuil, Quebec, Vancouver, British Columbia and in Lyon, France. The Company promotes teamwork, while respecting each employee’s individual competencies and aspirations.
This position will be based in Innergex’s office located in Longueuil, QC (few steps from the Longueuil–Université-de-Sherbrooke metro station).
Role and Responsibilities
The Analyst will join the wind and solar project team. The successful candidate will participate in project design, as well as feasibility studies and operations analyses for the Company’s wind and solar projects.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the collection and quality control of measured wind data;
- Establish long-term correlations and model the resource for project sites;
- Design wind farm layouts (turbines, roads and other infrastructure) taking into consideration existing constraints, calculate energy production for different wind turbine models, calculate uncertainties and exceedance probabilities;
- Evaluate noise impact;
- Analyze the resource and configuration of solar farms;
- Participate in the performance analysis of wind and solar projects in operation, monitor production and availability of assets.
- Ability to condense and summarize information, and strong writing skills;
- Organized, proactive, diligent and logical;
- Able to work autonomously but with strong team spirit and collaboration skills;
- Available for occasional travel.
- Educational background in engineering, meteorology or physics, or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position, or a combination of relevant education and experience;
- Knowledge of simulation software applications and of at least one simulation software used in the industry (WASP, Windfarm, Windfarmer, WindPro).
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers and electronic spreadsheets (Excel).
- Knowledge of the PVSyst simulation software and of mapping software such as Global Mapper is an asset.
- Fluently bilingual (English and French), spoken and written.
Job Posting #WIN117. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.