Wind Safety Specialist
Under limited supervision, this position serves as a technical expert in safety and health for the Power Generation Division Canadian Wind/PV Solar Fleet. This position will provide regulatory interpretation to Power Generation Division Employees. Working from a location in Canada, this fast paced position will require strategizing and maximizing safety resources across Alberta, Nova Scotia, Quebec, and Ontario. This individual will work with a network of site safety sponsors and lead safety tactical team members to develop and share best practices Business Unit wide. This individual provides technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety and compliance with Canadian regulations and applicable consensus standards. The position will provide onsite support to all Canadian Wind/PV Solar Sites on compliance issues, training, and site assessments. This position will interface with other Power Generation Safety Specialists to ensure a common strategic/tactical direction for PGD Safety.
Following are highly preferable:
- Experience in the Wind Industry
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Jurisdictional Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and CSA Standards
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety and Safety Culture Improvement Programs
- Experience with use of Human Performance Tools
- Experience in a Safety and Health program leadership role
- Experience in Safety Management System development, procedure and process development
- Experience in industrial hygiene sampling
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional Teams
- Able to fluently speak, read, and write in French is a plus
This position requires up to 50% travel to remote generation sites in Canada in support of the compliance, training and annual safety auditing.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferably in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational and Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, Loss Controls and two (2) plus years of experience in the Energy or Utility industry OR a minimum of five (5) years of Safety experience in a leadership role in the Energy or Utility industry or equivalent.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. For more information, please visit http://nexteraenergycanada.com/.