Field Services Specialist
GE Canada works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. GE has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2014. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. For more information visit our website at www.ge.com/ca and follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/GE_Canada and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GECanada.
Field Services Specialist
Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- Field service specialist is in the field 85% repairing and troubleshooting technical issues with the wind turbine within a region.
- Become the role standard for technical repair, diagnostic expertise, and field fleet technical expert.
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for wind turbine diagnostic ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system in eServices to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy.
- Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of Company funds.
- Develop knowledge of Wind Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and perform activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- This opening could be based in Quebec or Ontario.
- BSEE/BSM/College/or appropriate Technical Degree.
- Minimum 3 years of field engineering experience in an industrial industry.
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record history.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to travel in the United States.
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight-50 lbs.
- Ability to climb up to 300 feet towers. Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- If currently a GE employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 12 months and have at least a satisfactory performance rating.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative, and work without direct supervision.
- Green Belt certified (Internal GE candidates only).
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience.
- Experience with field service technology and processes.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology.
- Previous managerial experience with field operations.
To apply, please visit www.gecareers.com and search for job # 1920475.