Wind energy is delivering clean, reliable and low-cost electricity to help grow strong economies and healthy communities.
Did you know? Wind energy is now one of the lowest cost sources of electricity generation.
- Wind energy is more cost-competitive than new sources of energy supplied by coal with carbon capture and storage, small hydro or nuclear power.
- The fuel that turns wind turbine blades is free and the price of electricity it produces is set for the entire life of the wind farm.
- Long-term cost certainty of wind farms have a stabilizing effect on electricity rates, providing important protection for consumers.
- Unlike other energy supply alternatives, the cost of building wind energy continues to decline, with dramatic drops over the past three years.
- Wind projects have very short construction periods and can be deployed quickly with many benefits delivered to local communities.
Learn more about wind energy advantages and benefits.
Operations & Maintenance Summit
CanWEA Western Forum
CanWEA Golf Tournament Fundraiser
| CanWEA Events
Winter Solstice Fundraising Dinner